TUE 20 - 8 - 2019
 
Date: Jul 22, 2019
Source: The Daily Star
Syrian government bombing of rebel stronghold kills 11
Associated Press
BEIRUT: Syrian first responders and activists say government bombing of the last rebel stronghold in the country has killed at least 11 civilians, as the nearly four-month offensive shows no sign of abating.

The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says six people were killed, including a child, in the government bombing of the village of Urum al-Joz in southern Idlib province. The opposition-operated Shaam news agency says those killed had been displaced from the southern tip of the rebel stronghold.

Rescue workers, known as Syria's Civil Defense or White Helmets, say three children and a woman were killed in Kfaruma, south of Urum al-Joz. A White Helmet volunteer was killed in the town of Khan Sheikhoun, the group says.

The offensive began in late April, displacing more than 300,000 people.


 
Readers Comments (0)
Add your comment

Enter the security code below*

 Can't read this? Try Another.
 
Related News
'Dozens killed' as Syria regime forces battle militants
U.S.-Turkey Syria operations center starts next week
Syrian troops advance closer toward major rebel-held town
Eight years on, Syria's neighbours weary of war refugees
Turkey-US deal may mark 'new approach': Syria Kurds
Related Articles
Kurdish-Arab power struggle in northeastern Syria
A U.S. ally in Syria confronts new threats
United States still needed in Syria
From Syria to Sudan, the myth of climate wars
Syrian Refugees Won’t Be Going Home Any Time Soon
Copyright 2019 . All rights reserved