FRI 13 - 12 - 2019
Jul 19, 2019
The Daily Star
UN food chief says full food aid could be restored in Yemen
UNITED NATIONS: The head of the U.N. food agency says it has reached an "agreement in principle" to restore full food aid to rebel-controlled parts of Yemen after suspending the aid last month.
World Food Program executive director David Beasley says he got word of the as-yet-unsigned agreement while speaking Thursday to the U.N. Security Council. He didn't detail provisions of the potential pact.
The partial suspension of aid to Yemen's capital, Sanaa, began amid accusations the rebels were diverting the food from the war-torn country's hungriest people.
The rebels, known as Houthis, have accused the WFP of sending expired food to Yemen.
Readers Comments (0)
Add your comment
Enter the security code below
Can't read this?
MBS visits UAE in push to end Yemen war
Yemen PM returns to Aden under deal with separatists
Yemen govt, south separatists set to ink deal
Houthis force coalition to rethink war
Yemen's Houthis to release 350 prisoners, including 3 Saudis
If Paris cash went to Yemen women
Yemen war can be breaking point in EU arms sales to Gulf
The Houthi-Tribal Conflict in Yemen
Yemen peace hanging on fragile truce
Diplomats strive to forge peace in Afghanistan, Yemen
Copyright 2019 . All rights reserved