SAT 17 - 3 - 2018
Date: Jan 7, 2018
Source: The Daily Star
At least 25 dead in migrant shipwreck off Libya: rescue charities
Agence France Presse
ROME: At least 25 people are feared to have drowned in a shipwreck off Libya after a dinghy, possibly carrying some 150 migrants, ran into trouble, two rescue organizations said Saturday.

"Rubber dinghy sunk north of Tripoli. At least 25 people died in the incident, exact numbers still unclear. Italian navy on the scene," the German charity Sea Watch said on Twitter.

The Italian coast guard told AFP 85 people had been rescued from the sinking vessel, and eight bodies recovered so far.

Readers Comments (0)
Add your comment

Enter the security code below*

 Can't read this? Try Another.
Related News
Strike delays loading at Libya's Zawiya oil port: sources
Libya's supreme court blocks legal challenges to draft constitution
Libya's Tawergha families barred from returning home: UN
Gang suspected of torturing migrants in Libya
U.N. evacuates refugees to Italy from Libya
Related Articles
Finding a constitutional panacea for Libya
Libyans won’t accept backdoor dealings
Why did Leon’s Libya mission fail?
Is Libya back to square one following United Nations scandal?
Time for Libya to implement Plan A
Editor In Chief & Webmaster : Nazih Darwish
Copyright 2018 . All rights reserved